Ideal (and Effective) Access Control: Defined.
What differentiates effective access control platform from failed systems, unable to achieve physical security and operational goals? Many factors contribute to the success of an access control system. Here are features to look for when selecting a physical security platform that will enable a preemptive security plan:
- Remote management: administer the solution via web-browser or mobile application, issue or revoke access rights with your mobile device
- Integration capabilities: open API allows for key integrations with other systems including human resources, membership and facility management software
- 3rd party hardware compatible: compatible with products that fit your business needs, like cameras, door hardware, readers and routers
- Scalable: as your company grows, and the needs of the business evolve, you are not limited to a number of users, doors or locations
- Customizable alerts: delivered via text message and email for critical events as defined by the user
- Reporting: make decisions based on data and prepare for security audits
- Cloud storage: access and video data is never compromised and always available
- Automatic firmware and software updates: dedicated IT staff required
- Cyber secure: your access control system cannot be used as a proxy to get into your network
A great access control solution helps you deploy and manage consistent processes simply. The solution you look for should be intuitive, automated, customizable, scalable, mobile, and secure. These features ensure operational efficiency, minimal IT involvement, and maximum control.
Download our Ideal Access Control Infographic.