Brivo OnAir, the cloud-based access control solution, is easy to administer using any web browser on any computer. The interface is intuitive and easy to use.
In this short video, you’ll learn how to add a new device to your Brivo OnAir system.
With Brivo OnAir, our cloud-based platform takes care of the heavy lifting for your access control system – and you can access and administer it from anywhere, using any computer with a web browser. Our intuitive interface is designed to make your work as a system administrator as straightforward and simple as possible.
Here’s how to add a new add and program a new device to your Brivo OnAir access control solution – in this example, a Door Ajar Sounder.
- After you’ve successfully logged in to your Brivo OnAir account, hover your mouse over the Setup tab in the top menu bar, go down to Sites/Doors in the drop-down menu that appears, then click on Site Directory in the submenu that pops up.
- In the SIte DIrectory page, select the site where the new device will be added from the SItes list.
- In the View Site page, click on the More Operations tab, and select Add Device from the drop-down menu that appears.
- On the Add Device page, enter the name of the new device and select the control panel from the drop-down list (if there is more than one panel), and click the Next button.
- Choose the type of device from the Device Type drop-down. You can choose Switch, Timer, Valid Credential, or Event Track (the choice for this example), then click Next.
- On the Define Device page, first select from event that will trigger output relays from the Event drop down – in this example, Door Ajar. Then, in the Door field, choose the door it will apply to, using the drop down.
- Now choose one or more Physical Outputs that will respond to this event. Next, choose the Output Behavior using the drop down, with Latch, UnLatch, Pulse and Follow. Depending on your choice, you may also add specific parameters as well – for example, the duration of a pulse. In this example, we chose Follow so the output will disengage when the door is closed, with a Disengage Delay of 0.
- Next, select from the Schedule drop-down to specify when the device will operate. We chose 24/7.
- Next, you can specific whether your Brivo OnAir system will report Engage and Disengage events, and customize the respective messages that will be sent to the activity log using the text entry fields. When you’re satisfied with your selections, hit Save to create the device.
That’s it! You’ll see a final summary of the settings you’ve chosen, and you can always change them at any time – exactly what you’d expect with Simply Better Security from Brivo OnAir.