Brivo OnAir, the cloud-based access control solution, is easy to administer using any web browser on any computer. The interface is intuitive and easy to use.
In this short video, you’ll learn how to add a new cards to expand the user base of your Brivo OnAir system.
With Brivo OnAir, our cloud-based platform takes care of the heavy lifting for your access control system – and you can access and administer it from anywhere, using any computer with a web browser. Our intuitive interface is designed to make your work as a system administrator as straightforward and simple as possible.
There are two ways to add new cards to your Brivo OnAir access control solution: batch loading and swipe to enroll. We’ll cover batch loading first.
- After you’ve successfully logged in to your Brivo OnAir account, hover your mouse over the Setup tab in the top menu bar, go down to Cards in the drop-down menu that appears, then click on Add Cards in the submenu that pops up.
- On Add Cards page, choose the Card Format of the cards you are adding from the drop-down list.
- Type the first card number of the range of cards to be added in the First Card Number field, then the last number in the Last Card Number field. (Card sequence information is generally found on the card packaging.)
- The next field, for Optional Card Offset, is for special situations only. In most cases it will be left blank.
- Finally, type the Facility Code (usually on the card packaging) into that field, and click on Add Cards. Your new batch of cards will be imported into the card bank as inactive, and a banner on the top of the screen will confirm the number of cards you added. If you want to view the new cards, click on the Card Bank button above the Card Format field.
If you want to add just a few new cards, Swipe to Enroll may be more convenient:
- First, present a compatible card to any card reader in your Brivo OnAir system.
- Log in to your Brivo OnAir account, hover your mouse over the Setup tab in the top menu bar, go down to Cards in the drop-down menu that appears, then click on Unknown Cards in the submenu that pops up.
- You’ll see a list of unknown cards that should include the card presented to the reader, with information about the card and the reader it was presented to. Click on the Hex Value of the card you presented.
- On the Add Unknown Card page, enter an identifying label for the card in the Card External ID field, and click Add as Unknown Format.
- Alternately, Brivo OnAir automatically calculates potential formats, and on the bottom half of the screen you’ll see those results, including the Format Name, Facility Code and Internal Number of the unknown card. You can add the card using that format information by clicking the button next to the information.
That’s it! Try it out, and discover how easy it is to add cards – which is why we call Brivo OnAir Simply Better Security.