Frequently Asked Questions
Got a question? We have an answer.
Frequently Asked Questions
- From the Setup dropdown menu, choose the Schedules tab then click on the New Schedule link. The New Schedule page displays.
- Enter a brief, descriptive name in the Schedule Name field.
- You can create schedules to be used by the entire account or by individual sites. If you want this schedule to apply only to a specific site, click that option on the Site dropdown list. Otherwise, accept the default, Universal.
- For site-specific schedules, you can define this as a Group Enabled Schedule. When you select the site from the Site dropdown list, an Enabling Group dropdown list displays. Select an Enabling Group and enter an associated Grace Period. Refer to the Creating a Group Enabled Schedule section beginning on page 38 in the Administrator’s Manual or Brivo OnAir Help before assigning an Enabling Group to any Schedule.
Group Enabled Schedules support Brivo OnAir’s First-Person-In and Supervisor-on-Site functionality. If you assign an enabling group to a schedule without first understanding how this feature works you may inadvertently create a security risk. Refer to the Creating a Group Enabled Schedule section before assigning an enabling group to any schedule.How do I add a Holiday?
- If any holidays have been defined for the account, they will be listed under Holidays Observed. Click the Add Holiday link to call up the holiday popup window. Select the holiday(s) that you want to be observed by this schedule and then click the Close Window link. If you wish to remove a holiday from the list, highlight the holiday in question and click the Remove link.
- Draw blocks of time for which general access should be allowed.
- To define an access period, click on a gray column, drag up or down with your cursor, then release. As you drag, portions of the column are highlighted, indicating a period during which general access is allowed. When you release your cursor, the block snaps to the nearest hour.
- To extend an access period, highlight the gray area above or below the existing block. Make sure the new block touches the existing block. When you release your cursor, the blocks merge together.
- To delete an access period, click once on the blue block to select the time period, and then click Delete Block.
- To repeat an access period for the work week or the entire week, fill in the Monday column, and then click Copy Mon to Fri or Copy Mon to Sun.
- Select Save Schedule to Save the Schedule.
- Has the card been assigned to a user?
- Does the user have access to the door?
- Are you receiving activity events from the panel?
- The card must either be in a recognized format or be enrolled using Brivo’s swipe-to-enroll feature.
- The card must be assigned to a user.
- The user must be assigned to a group.
- The group must have access to the required doors during the required schedule.
- The panel must receive an update from the server. This will take no more than five minutes.
- If you are an Authorized Brivo Dealer, contact Brivo Sales Services: at 866.692.7486 or email@example.com
- If you are a Brivo administrator, please contact your local Authorized Brivo Dealer
To add an OVR camera:
- From the Setup tab, click on the Video tab, then choose the OVR Cameras tab. The OVR Camera list page appears.
- Click on the New OVR Camera link at the top of the page. The New Camera page displays.
- Enter a Name for the camera you wish to register.
- Enter the Serial Number for the camera.
- Enter the Authentication Key for the camera.
- Select the Site for the camera from the dropdown menu.
- Select an Associated Device to link the camera with. Click on the Add Device link. A popup window will appear with all available devices, which can be filtered as necessary. When selected, the device will disappear from the list. Scroll to the bottom of the list and click Close Window when you are finished.
- Select the Subscription Model from the dropdown menu.
|NOTE:Once selected, the subscription model cannot be changed locally. If the subscription model needs to be changed, call your dealer.|
- Select the Time Zone from the dropdown menu.
- Click Save OVR Camera at the bottom of the page. You are taken to the Edit Camera page.
|NOTE:The system automatically detects the camera model by the serial number and authentication key entered.|
- The Brightness, Color, and Contrast fields may be edited (the default is 50).
- The Rotation (the default is 0) of the camera can be changed.
- To edit the White Balance (the default is automatic), click on the dropdown list and make a selection.
- The Motion Sensitivity, Motion History, and Motion Object Size may be edited (the defaults are 90, 70, and 15 respectively).
- Click Save OVR Camera at the bottom of the page. You are redirected to the View Camera page.